Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
Here is my list of things that I would invent if I had the time ... oh yeah ... and money.
- Disposable nursing pads that are the actual shape of a bra. Not perfect circles that make you look like you are sporting coasters under your shirt.
- A drive through store that provides the essentials: milk, eggs, etc. No more lugging all the kids in for one item. Sure I would charge more than Meijers, but people pay for convenience baby.
- And I'm still trying to figure out a way to have someone toss into my car (while I'm driving mind you) all the things I forget at home: diaper bag, videos to return, clothes to exchange, etc. I always seem to drive past something and then remember that I needed to go there.
That's it for now. But it's still early in the day. I'm sure I could come up with a few more.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
- own a cat. (Thank you God for allergies.)
- not force a dog to drink hydrogen peroxide in order to puke up tampons. (Umm... twice.)
- wear a size 2. (Or a 4, or realistically, a size 6.)
- be an only child or have a brother.
- worry about money. (Thanks honey for doing it enough for both of us.)
- hate to camp. (There's nothing like the smell of smoke in your hair, a killer tan, a good book, and nothing to do.)
- run a marathon. (15.6 miles last year was & will be my max.)
- scrapbook/do Creative Memories.
- wake up before my husband on a Saturday morning.
- water ski on just one ski. (Is that called slaloming?)
- NOT pop a zit if it looks ready to pop.
Tell me, what will you never know what it's like to ...
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Friday, March 16, 2007
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Monday, March 12, 2007
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Thursday, March 08, 2007
After reading about smells at Steph's blog http://teslaa.typepad.com, I started thinking about all the strange smells I enjoy and some that I will miss when all my "babies" are no longer babies.
Here they are:
* A dog's paws. They remind you of something ... Fritos, Doritos?
* An indoor swimming pool. Chlorine = clean.
* Gasoline. I remember trying to open some of the windows to the van as my dad filled up our full sized van that was detailed with duct tape. (So, not kidding. Remember: He is a Christian school teacher.)
*Babies feet. When our kids were under a year, my husband and I would actually call the other parent over for a smell if it was a particularly ripe day.
* The smell of Zach's room after he just wakes up from a nap. Is it his paci breath? Is it his sweet, little boy sweat? I don't know but I know I'll miss it.
* Popcorn. Anytime, anywhere it is popped, I have an instant craving for it.
Enjoy today and don't forget to stop and smell ...
Monday, March 05, 2007
"The prescence of the Holy Spirit in our lives does not automatically ensure our experiencing His power, guidance, teaching, and comfort. God does not fill a vessel that is already full. First we empty ourselves by giving our own self-centered plans to God, and then we ask Him to fill, control, and use us."
Later the study asks you to read Romans 12:1,2 and prayerfully list the ways in which your lifestyle would need to change if you took Paul's appeal (offering your body as a living sacrifice) seriously.
And then our pastor said yesterday from the pulpit that he knew of a man who every night as he prayed would ask, "How did I do at overcoming myself today?"
I have a full life ... I have a big personality ... I have a huge need for the Holy Spirit to fill me up. Am I asking & listening?
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Thursday, March 01, 2007
I'm thinking I would like to grow my hair out like Connie Britton's. What do you think? (Don't be distracted by her chest in this picture ... concentrate on just her hair.) The longest I have ever had my hair is just past my shoulders. Can I commit to growing out my hair? (I know, deep thoughts today on this dreary day.)