Saturday, June 30, 2007
In an effort to recreate the past, my college buddy Amy & I tried to pose just like we did back in college. I should point out that there are some changes from picture to picture and they are as follows:
1. Itsy bitsy bikinis have turned into tankinis.
2. Some wrinkles now grace our face.
3. Children are now in the background (and usually in front) of every one of our pictures.
4. And finally, and sadly, our cleavage is a bit lower! :)
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I questioned one of the suspects.
She broke easily and used as her defense,
"their hair was just so tangly."
I have taken to calling them "Butch Barbies."
(To all you moms who little girls have actually
cut their own hair, Barbie & I understand your pain.)
Saturday, June 09, 2007
I can only hope I look this good at 60.
Aren't mother-in-laws supposed to be round???? :)
Cousins are fun.
(Which is good, because our kids have 20 of them!)
Top ten reasons to blog right now:
- Avoid cleaning the house.
- Lament about my husband who is currently on a golf trip that just happens to be the same weekend as our anniversary. Happy Anniversary to me. FORE!
- To admit to putting down my Beth Moore Bible study to read a "spicy" book.
- Because this will be my last post for awhile since we are leaving for camping and I have neither the camper, the laundry, the food, or myself ready!!!!!
- Because if I have to referee one more silly argument between my kids, I will scream.
- Avoid cleaning the house. (This deserves to be said twice.)
- To tell you that Zoey has attended five birthday parties the past five Saturdays and I am sick of Target taking all my money. (Seriously kid, stop being so darn likeable.)
- To praise Paige's soccer coach who just invited every girl from the two teams he coached this spring to Chuck E. Cheese where he footed the bill for everyone. You the Man Coach.
- Because I need to tell someone that one of the soccer moms had a very inappropriate top on and those are not real. :) (I bet my hubby is sorry he's out of town now.)
- To tell you to have a great rest of your weekend.
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Paige had her last "Piano Party" of the year this week. That's right. You did just read the words piano and party in the same sentence. No scary, palm-sweating, high society piano recital for Mrs. C. Ruth has been the most lovely, kind, patient, gentle-hearted, warm, and encouraging piano teacher for Paige. She lives just one street over and so Paige can just walk out the back door and is at her house in minutes. Ruth also picked Paige up every week for church choir since she is the accompanist for it. Why am I telling you all this?? Because Ruth & her husband are moving to Idaho and I feel a tangible loss. Besides her being a great teacher for Paige, they also have the cutest relationship. Paige comes home late for dinner because she was chatting with Mrs. C and playing with her dog named Puck. She has never complained once about going to piano lessons because she knows she gets to see Mrs. C. I don't know about you, but I ran for the door when my piano lessons were over - usually with tears in my eyes because the metronome had once again bested me! So, thank you Ruth for being a blessing in our life and for starting Paige's "music career" out on the right track & God's blessings on what you like to call, "your next adventure".
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Zoey Elise is the big 6 today! Since the day she was born, she has been a joy. I still remember taking her to a big, local church (Mars Hill) starting at five days old and I then became known as the mom of the beautiful red-headed baby. I'll take that title proudly every day. Love you Zo!