(Honestly, this is the only time he was quiet this summer.)
All three kids are in school full-time this year. Weird. I've discovered some things I love about it and some things I don't and have made a few funny discoveries along the way.
- The clock above my computer ticks. Loudly. Who knew?
- If all your kids are at school, you're stuck on the toilet if you run out of t.p. (Luckily I'm a quick thinker and resourceful. 'Nuff said?)
- You find yourself saying "yes" to just about every volunteer position and then start second guessing your sanity.
- I can read a book in the middle of the day if I want. Now on to read worthwhile and edifying material!
- You don't need the childcare at the gym anymore. Sigh.
- The laundry is no longer your nemesis but rather, your daily companion.
- You can meet your husband for lunch. Most days. Fun!
- You have time for prayer. You + God = some pretty great quiet time spent together.
- Your hair is done and your workout is in by noon.
- After school becomes your favorite time of day.