- A new parenting philosophy (thanks Betsy D.V.) called Spoiled Strictly. Be strict with your kids on the important things and remember to spoil them sometimes too.
- The exposed area in the back is now called the "Second Cleavage." Oy vey. This means that girls not only know that their backside is showing, but are trying to show it off. (And let's not kid ourselves, moms are doing it too as I saw a mom's thong on display when she sat down today. Eeewww.)
- I am not as fast as I once was in a game of Capture the Flag and second graders can now catch me.
- God desires a daily relationship with me. Keyword for me to remember is daily.
- I get the most stressed out during the day moments before the bus is set to arrive.
- Don't ever say, "I never ..." Like I never spank my kids anymore ... oh wait ... except when the bus is coming & they are moving like snails and I am stressed out. :)
- There are some really great people in this world --- and some really not great ones.
- There is nothing like receiving a compliment about your kid that recognizes their character. Not their physical appearance but their character.
- That Jesus not only died on the cross for me, but also laid down his dignity as he was stripped, flogged, and mocked. (Beth Moore is so insightful and her passion for the Lord is contagious.)
- My kids look forward to the weekend just as much as I do.
Friday, September 28, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
- I now know of two men who have only ever kissed their wives in their entire life. Sweet? Funny? Or just a bit sad? (By the way, I dated one in highschool. Sorry you missed out on my "wild days" in college buddy!)
- Today, while out for a walk with Zach, I was passed by a senior citizen also walking. (I'm sure it was the jogger stroller that was slowing me down. Right?)
- When Jeff used the bathroom today at work, he noticed that he had a melted dum dum sucker stuck to his boxers.
- During halftime of the Michigan-Notre Dame game on Saturday, my girlfriends and I decided to take the kids outside to play. When I saw a little neighbor boy (who's dad just happened to go to ND) outside too I told him I was sorry that his team was losing. (Yeah right.) To which he quickly responded, "No, Notre Dame just scored two touchdowns." What a little stinker & liar. :)
- When Jeff was doing a swallow study on an eighty year old woman and was feeding her applesauce laced with barium, he actually said ... wait for it ...
"Here comes some NUM NUM."
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
- You can't - CAN'T take it out on dates.
- You can never drive while your husband drives shotgun. It is the ultimate un-manning of a male.
- You can only drive one until your kids are in upper elementary and then, you HAVE to give it up for something cooler. And you can't drive one if you're over 60.
- Spare your husband from ever driving it when he's alone with the kids. Remember: mini-van = mini-man.
"Remember, no one ogles a chick in a mini-van." I don't know if this comment was made by a man or woman. While I agree with almost all of your rules, I must disagree with your last comment because I look HOT in my van baby! :)
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Every time I replay this conversation in my head, I chuckle out loud.
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
The bus stop (end of our driveway!) I am the designated adult to keep an eye on all these kiddos. I hope my fuzzy purple robe & bedhead don't scare them off! :)
Getting up early this year to ride the bus.