Wednesday, November 08, 2006

DOUBLE DIGITS


Quick Update on my Life:
*Last night we caught the 10th mouse in our house. Yes, you read that number correctly. We are in double digits.
*I am officially done with what I affectionately called the "WW" (Weight Watchers) and lost 14 lbs. and went down a pant size. So, pass the Halloween candy & bring on the holidays. :) The most helpful thing I learned - "Food is fuel." The least helpful thing I learned - "Losing a 1/2 of a lb. is like losing a stick of butter." Ummm, o.k. Can I choose where I lose those sticks?
*Bible Verse I am trying to memorize, "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5
*Quotes that each time I read them they make me laugh:
"When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair."
"Never ask your 3 year old son to hold a tomato."
"You can't trust dogs to watch your food."
"Dogs still have bad breath even after eating a tic-tac."
"You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk."

Since life and relationships can sometimes be hard and complicated, I hope that this gave you a smile, chuckle, or even a LOL!




3 comments:

Amy said...

Are all of these tid bits from experience? Oh yeah by the way...I will definatly be attending your pampered chef party!! lol!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie! I love the Halloween costumes, mouse updates, and Bible verses. :) I am a little concerned that your blog time reads 7 am. Is that right? Wow, I went to bed at 5 am this morning.

Laurie said...

Hey Amanda - How's Spain? I have been following your blog and travels and it sounds like you are having lots of fun (while studying?) Apparently my blogger account is managed out on the West Coast because I blogged at 10 a.m. not 7 a.m. My behind is still in bed at that hour. :)