Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hamsters Like Pancakes



Yep folks; this is our hamster Skittle. I know it looks like we went to a photography studio and set him up against a black back drop and waited for the perfect nibble but really, he just was sitting on a leather chair in our kitchen. This little rodent has brought hours of fun to our kids and is really a nice pet except when he escapes his cage and goes MIA for a couple of days. Last week he decided that since we were now back from vacay, he could slip out of his cage and have a little fun. Two days later the girls found him crawling around in *GASP* their bedroom. Ick. We were living with the false hope that he could not climb up our basement stairs. As I clean droppings that fell behind my bathroom trash can, I am once again reminded that hamsters are much cuter to me when they're confined to their cage.

4 comments:

Amy said...

We are a pet free home...and after reading this entry...we will remain that way!! Although I will admit...he's kinda cute!!

MiniMe Mom said...

Hey! Why can not see your posts? First, the facebook one and now the 40 and ziplining...

Laurie said...

Hey Jamie - you couldn't see my post because I un-published it until I had time to write more. I guess once it's published, it's recorded on fellow bloggers updates.

Hope your family is doing well and that your littlest man is back to his healthy self.

MiniMe Mom said...

Ah, I see! thanks for the info. Waiting for the facebook post then LOL

We are healthy...for now:-) Thanks for your thoughts