Dear Paige and Zoey,
- I promise to never make you get a perm. And with this promise let me just add, I will never get out the photo albums of your teen years when we have company over.
- I promise to talk to you about your period. (Period.)
- I promise to never poo-poo your "friend problems". They feel huge, I get that. And even though I never talk to any friends from late elementary school or middle school, I know that this is an important part of your social development.
- I promise to encourage your sense of style. Even if that means you've clipped a braid across your head and you look like you've just walked out of a thrift store.
- I promise to not giggle while we have the sex talk. (Like I did the last time.)
- I will not compare you to your sister in either physical appearance or personality. This is a tough one because it's natural to notice differences in your children. I promise to try however.
- I promise to not label you. This goes with #6 but I just want you to know that your "box" is flexible, stretchy and will change as you change.
- I promise to let you borrow your Dad's sweaters to wear to school if that style comes back. (Dear God, please let this style come back.)
- I promise to call you when you're a new mom and demand that you go to Starbucks by yourself while I watch the baby.
- I promise to love you. Always.