- They grow out a beard for playoff season and refuse to shave until their team loses. It doesn't matter that their wife & kids find it to be hideous; it's there until the fat lady sings.
- They cannot hear the children in the car calling their name, or screaming, and/or singing at the top of their lungs. Seriously? This is a gift or a curse depending on who you are in the car.
- They will give you a kiss right after you tell them your breath is bad. Because let's face it ladies, we hear that and we are backing that kissing bus right up.
- They can and will re-wear underwear.
- They can lift heavy things.
- They borrow shoes for big events. No need to shop when you have a family member who wears the same size.
- They know how to work the grill.
- They rarely cry but when they do it is one of the sweetest things you've ever witnessed.
- You know you will always smell prettier than them.
- And finally, because they are simply honest and most of the time uncomplicated. God bless 'em for not using subtlety to try and tell you what they want. (FYI: it's a big screen t.v.)
Monday, April 19, 2010
Why I Love Men
O.K. the title of this post is a little strange and I'm thinking that maybe I should change it. Nah. Here are some reasons why I find men (grandpas, dads, husbands, brother-in-laws, nephews) so darn endearing.