Monday, June 12, 2006

LOVE my neighborhood

For those of you who don't know me too well, I'll let you in on a little secret. I am a nomad at heart. I like to move ... I like meeting new people ... and to me, change is fun! BUT, and yes read this as a big BUT, I love our neighborhood and don't plan on moving anytime soon! We have the best neighbors that continually amaze me with their friendliness and desire to include everyone in on the fun. Friday night we had a big, end of the school year picnic and campfire. And today I just got back from a "slip & slide" party with other stay at home moms and one token stay at home dad. :) Even though it was a little chilly for the kids in their bathing suits, they certainly enjoyed all the snacks! And if I wasn't loving our neighborhood enough already - we just got new, next door neighbors that have two kids almost the exact ages as our two girls! YEAH. Almost every night we would pray for good neighbors to move in next door. We praise God that he heard our prayers and a wonderful family has now joined "the neighborhood".

You are always welcome at our house!

No comments: