Wednesday, August 16, 2006

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

The mouse has left the house. Yesterday morning we awoke to find that a mouse had got into our bread drawer in the kitchen. YUCK! He had eaten right through the bread bag and left behind some "black rice". (aka: mouse droppings) I called my husband right away and told him, "You are the man of the house. You must KILL this mouse!" Sensing my urgency, he went out last night and bought the traps and loaded them up with peanut butter. We went to bed ... and about ten minutes later we heard one of the traps snap shut. Oh yeah baby. The mouse had returned to the scene of the crime and met his fate. The funniest part of this story (sorry to my in-laws if you are reading this) is that we were ... you know ... when the trap went off. It kind of killed the mood. :)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

LOL! TMI for crying out loud! TMI! I'm humming "taps" for the mouse...

Bradi said...

LOL x 2. HILARIOUS. That's not TMI, it makes the ending to the story that much better....I'm still laughing!!

Amy said...

LP- Sorry to burst your bubble...but where there is one mouse there are many mice!!! Keep the traps up, locked and loaded and you will be victorious...and yes holding steady with TMI!!! Nice to know some things never change!!

denhartigh said...

That would kill my mood too. :)