Sunday, April 22, 2007

Big, Beautiful Pantry

O.K. I'll admit that I actually went up and hugged this baby after it was installed. Thanks to Dad Guikema, my hard-working man Jeff, our neighbor Craig for "sweating some pipes" (whatever that means) and Mark Ver Merris - finish carpenter, my best friend's husband, and one of my college boyfriends (that's alot of titles!) for making my kitchen bea - U - ti - ful!

Some quick quotes from my kids:

Zach while scarfing down homemade chicken pot pie, "Thank you mama, thank you."

Zoey said this today, "Look Mom. I can do two things at once. Ride my bike and scratch my butt." (She is a very talented little girl.)

Paige: "Mom you still owe me five bucks that you borrowed out of my piggy bank."

I will post some more pics after the backsplash and countertops are in & share how Jeff almost burned down our neighbors garage.

5 comments:

Amy said...

The cabinets look great! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Brenda said...

LOVE your new cabinets!! Can't wait to see the rest of the kitchen. What a handy husband...treasure those gifts!!

Jenny said...

WOW! I love the cabinets!

MiniMe Mom said...

I agree with Brenda--- treasure that. My hubby tried to put a 30 lb picture up with a teeny tiny nail.

Your kitchen is looking great!

Amy said...

Who's that hottie!?!