Monday, October 01, 2007

Paige; Future Novelist


My Quiet Place by Paige, age 8




Sometimes you need a quiet place. Bright green grass tickling my feet as I walk at my quiet place. Enormous logs cushioned with soft green moss. Mini-creeks pass by with the little fat frogs jumping in and out. Blue jays and hawks swooping around me. Golden sun beats down on me like lasers. Little mists come out of nowhere. Amazing shiny rocks, big, little, around me like a shield. At the end of the valley I look up humongous trees everywhere. Dirty little paths lead everywhere as if they were expecting me. Yellow, orange, red, and green. Little fawns and their mothers and fathers of all different creatures and babies all look at me and it seems they are almost whispering --- "hunters are coming, hunters are coming". The valley is my quiet place.

(Spell checked by mom. Content all Paige.)
Her teacher's comment to this piece was one word --- wow. You can say that again. :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

this girl is in 3rd grade? IMPRESSIVE! What a beautiful writing.

Amy said...

That's awesome!! What a blessing to have a child that not only can observe God's creation but have the ability to express it so beautifully at such a young age!!

Brenda said...

and take me to your valley...

Michelle said...

Wow, I couldn't even write something like that. Beautiful!

Amanda said...

I propose a new blog called Paige's Page. (Sorry, but someone had to say it.) I am serious, though...give that girl a blog!