Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Here's the Thing


Sometimes Christians are some of the most unhappy people I've ever met. They carry around with them the prayer requests of so many people and are burdened with the heaviness of living a life filled with brokenness and all the evidence of sin in the world. I sometimes fear that unless we are facing difficult circumstances, wrestling with a problem, or have a friend with _______ (fill in the blank) we don't think we are truly living the "Christian life".


Well, this is what I think. The Christian life is one of JOY. It is a life that recognizes our blessings and thanks God for them. It is spreading our joy to others and not letting the details of this broken, sinful world stomp on our spirits. It's about laughing with your kids, singing at the top of your lungs in the house, being silly with your husband (define silly however you choose), and just having plain ole' fun. I used to think that I approached life a little too simplistically and that I should "think deeper" and wrestle with more worldly injustices and personal character flaws. Maybe I will later. Right now, I'm having too much fun.

5 comments:

Patti said...

Amen, sista. Laugh with the kids as much as you can! Be silly! Let's lighten up and feel the JOY! As the bumper sticker says, "I am too blessed to be stressed!"

Amy said...

I love your insight...I agree whole heartedly!! Even in a broken world the sun always rises! Thank God for giving us the chance to be more like him...and he gives us that chance every day!! AMEN!!

Kim said...

Preach it Girl!!

Brenda said...

YOU ARE ON FIRE GIRL! Did you sign up for seminary yet...I'm not sure U of M has one of those though :)

Amanda said...

I think this blog proves that you do "think deeply". :) And I agree with your deep thoughts.