Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I have a confession to make

I am not a runner. I am pretending to be one and I have been since January 8th when the training started for the River Bank Run. On May 13th, in front of thousands, including my family, I will be "acting" as a runner ... a runner that can run for 15.6 miles. I am more nervous about this than if someone told me I had to give birth again tomorrow ... seriously.

I have one more confession. My family is getting a dog this weekend and I am secretly excited. No dread here - bring it on - the nipping, the shedding, the getting up in the middle of the night to let it out, the pooping (o.k. I am dreading this a bit.) My kids are amazing with dogs and I look forward to having our family grow by leaps and puppy tails. I will try and post a picture next week if we find "the one".

1 comment:

denhartigh said...

Repeat after me: I am a runner. I will kick butt!