Thursday, February 01, 2007

Answering Why?


We asked ourselves many times while dog sitting, why is Puck so skittish? In order to answer that question, you have to go back to his early days as a puppy. The story goes something like this ... One day while he was outside he was picked up by an owl, carried over the Thornapple River, and about an hour later someone called the owners to say that they just saw their dog fall from a tree. I guess I would be skittish too.
Why won't I be going back to Chuck E. Cheese's anytime soon? My purse got stolen on Monday night. I cancelled all the credit cards that night and panicked about what personal information I had left in there (ie. my social security card - if yours in in your purse or wallet - take it out immediately. By the way, great tip I just heard. Lay all the cards in your wallet face down on a photo copier and scan the contents. That way you will know what is hiding in your wallet. If you do both sides, you will also have the 1-800 numbers to call and cancel then too.) Wednesday afternoon I got a call from a woman who said that her daughter-in-law found my purse and since she doesn't speak any English she volunteered to call me. I was so grateful and exclaimed, "where did she find it?" The answer, "hmmm ... I don't know." Interesting, very interesting. (Somehow my purse made it from the mall area to Division Ave. with all it's contents intact, including my new razor cell phone. I lost a grand total of $4 bucks.) Thank you Lord.

6 comments:

denhartigh said...

Somethings that make you go hummm... the dog and the purse!

Bradi said...

Wow...you were fortunate girl!!
(I'd be most bummed about loosing such a snazzy phone!) =)

Brenda said...

I can imagine the sick-pit-in-your-gut feeling when it happened...what a bummer, but glad it turned out not to be too bad!

Amy said...

Very curious indeed!! But ya got your stuff back...yeah!! Hey I tried the peanut butter bars!! They rocked and everyone that had them agreed!! Keep those healthy recipes coming!

Brenda said...

You have a healthy recipe for peanut butter bars...do share! My recipe for PB bars calls for nearly a LB of butter,a jar of PB, scads of powdered sugar, etc

Laurie said...

Yeah - she was joking around. This has a oatmeal peanut butter layer on the bottom, chocolate chips spread on top, and then a peanut butter/powdered sugar swirl on top. Let me know if you want the recipe. It is wintertime and we need to "insulate" ourselves after all.